When was the last time you got to surprise your parents with a gift delivery or spent a whole day with them? Well, you can’t recall because it’s been long. Due to the mundane life that we all live, at times, it becomes challenging to make time for those who matter to us. And often or not, we take the love of our parents for granted. Isn’t it? It’s never too late to realize and make up for your mistakes.
Here are the 10 ways in which you can pleasantly surprise your parents.
1. Write Letters To Them: In the age of smartphones, write to your parents love letters for the unmatched nostalgia. Nothing compares to the feeling of receiving handwritten letters, till date, it is the most prized possession for most of them, including your parents. You can enclose the letters in envelopes and seal them with a love stamp, or you can send a letter along with a bunch of fresh flowers or gifts.
2. Cook For Them: There is an old saying, “ family that eats together, stays together.” Make this come alive by cooking lunch or dinner for your parents and enjoying it together. It is also one of the best ways to bond and spend some quality time with each other. For the dessert, you can order cake online in the flavour most relished by your parents to end on a sweet note.
3. Call Them Once a Week: If you are living far away from your parents, make sure you call them at least once a week. Take advantage of technology and make your parents feel that you are still close to them while being far away. Over the call, you can show your mom the new collection you just bought, or you can learn from your dad gardening tips, etc.
4. Go With Them To A Trip: A change of weather and location is the natural way to refresh and rejuvenate. It would also give you a chance to unwind from the monotonous life. Take a road trip to a nearby place or go to the mountains to chill.
5. Surprise Them with Gifts: You need not wait for an occasion to send gifts to your parents. They are your parents, and you can pamper them any moment you feel like. So, schedule a gift delivery to your parents home and make them smile from ear to ear. Go for personalized gifts to evoke beautiful memories.
6. Make A Surprise Visit To Them: Leave them open-mouth by making a surprise visit to them on the weekend. They would love it to the core. Spend a whole weekend with them, talk to them, lend your helping hand to your mother in the kitchen, and enjoy a sweet family gathering.
7. Throw Them A Party: Yes! Throw an intimate party by calling your parents and their friends home. Let them have fun and relive their golden days. Organize for snacks and drinks. Include some fun games like Tambola, musical chair, passing the parcel, etc. for cheery vibes.
8. Pamper Them With Spa Day: Parents often forget to take care of themselves. So, book a spa appointment for them, and help them to relax and recharge. Book a couple spa for them so that they can spend some cozy time with each other.
9 Help Them With Their Work: If you live with them, the best way to pamper and surprise them is to help them with their daily chores. You can help your mother in the kitchen and dad with his office work. Share their workload and ease of burden on their shoulders.
10. Say “I Love You” To Them: How many times have you expressed to them that you love them unconditionally? You can show them your love by way of sweet gestures and tokens. You can give them a jar full of love notes, or you can bake them heart-shaped cookies, etc. So, seize every opportunity to make them feel your love, care, and warmth.
Do surprise them with any or all of these ideas and watch them wear their broadest smile.
To read more on topics like this, check out the Family category.
Leave a Reply