What is an oracle database?
Oracle Database is a database management system that supports multiple data models against a single integrated backend. Oracle Corporation is the producer and marketer of this compliance. It is commonly used for performing online transaction processes, data warehousing, and mixed database workloads.
What is Oracle Data Compliance?
The Oracle Enterprise Manager Compliance Management (EMCM) or oracle data compliance allows people to define, customize and manage Compliance Frameworks and Compliance Standards. It also gives people the tools to evaluate targets and systems for compliance with the most favorable business practices for security, configuration, storage, etc.
What does the oracle data compliance solution do?
The oracle data compliance or EMCM performs the following tasks:
· Determines if targets and systems are open to configuration-related vulnerabilities automatically
· Advises on how to change the configuration to bring targets and systems into compliance with accordance to the best practices
· Determines if targets and systems have rational configuration settings automatically
· Provides live monitoring of a target’s files, processes, users, Windows registry entries, and more to allow the database users to know where a configuration change is taking place in their environment
· Determines if real-time detected alters in the configuration are authorized by loose change management requests. Violations are created when the change is determined to be unauthorized.
· Provides a compliance-focused view of the IT configuration and change that is suitable for Line of Business owners, IT heads, and Compliance managers to refer to daily, enabling them to keep a record of their organization’s compliance coverage.
What is Compliance Framework?
An oracle data compliance framework is an industry-specified best policy guideline that deals with the primary IT infrastructure, business services, applications, and processes. It also highlights how they are organized, managed, and monitored.
What are compliance standards?
A compliance framework makes way for a set of compliance standards that perform a collection of checks that follow industry-accepted best practices ensuring that IT infrastructure, applications, services, and operations are organized, configured, managed, and monitored in the right way.
An oracle data compliance standard evaluation provides information related to:
· Platform compatibility,
· Similar issues affecting other customers with configurations that look alike.
· Security vulnerabilities,
· Patch recommendations, etc.
Clients can evaluate the compliance standards to learn how they can bring their systems into compliance with approved best practices and upgrade the stability and security of their systems.
A compliance standard is a database operator’s representation of a compliance control that must be tested against a set of IT infrastructure to determine if the power is being mapped.
A compliance control is a brief of the test that an IT company would perform to ensure that a policy, process, or procedure is being recorded in a compliant manner. Compliance standards can be mapped to compliance frameworks so that violations can lead to a change in the compliance score impact on the compliance framework.
What is compliance evaluation?
Compliance standards are evaluated based on targets. Evaluation is made of the framework, bars, and target levels that are available to the user.
Compliance evaluation is a process of validating regulations and needs imposed by a compliance standard against a target.
Compliance evaluation generates a score for a target, i.e., how much the target is biddable with the standard. A 100% Compliance Score means that the target follows all the rules of the oracle data compliance standard.
To read more on topics like this, check out the Business Tech category
Leave a Reply